Friday, December 31, 2010

December (Just under the wire!)

Happy New Year!
I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas! It was very strange to not be “working” Christmas Eve – and I miss that time with the staff.
I am finally able to dig my way to my desk! It has been wonderful having 3 of our kids with us for Christmas – 2 of them had to spend a few extra days with us due to the snow storm (I thought it was not suppose to snow as much here). 5 of us in the apartment was cozy, to say the least! But it is not horribly disappointing to be getting back to normal! I am not sure what that is any more, but getting ready for the short term to start on the 3rd seems like normal.
It was great to be “home” with you all at Thanksgiving. I was afraid I would be sad and homesick but you have raised me well! I enjoyed it, felt renewed but ready to get back to school. I am looking forward to spending a longer bit of time there in May and June and to share more of this amazing experience.
Writing a blog is difficult for me because I love the interaction of conversation – not just my blathering on - so be sure and write me!! I have promised to be a better communicator, but continue to fail. I could put it on my New Year’s Resolution list… but fear it would be the first failure of the year. I promise to try to be better!
It is hard to believe that I have a semester behind me! I thoroughly enjoyed all my classes.  Never thought I would get through all the reading. The opportunity to learn from such brilliant and caring professors (almost all are pastors as well) has been a gift I am lucky enough to continue receiving! During the short term (3 weeks in January) I will be taking a modern church history course and next semester I am taking New Testament, Speech, Systematic Theology plus Bible, Preaching and Catechesis in the Reformation. 
2010 has been a year with so many changes - I can hardly wait to see what 2011 brings.
Have a safe and happy New Year!
Peace and love,
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment