Monday, November 8, 2010

November

Hello!
All my great intentions have fallen away! I had hoped to write every week and I am managing once a month.
Things are moving so fast – I cannot believe it is almost Thanksgiving. And almost time to be home to see everyone!
I am a little old to be emerging from anything, but that has been my life lately!  From emerging from the tunnel vision of midterms and processing information from the Emerging Adult Conference, I feel like it should be spring, but I have emerged to find fall in its fullest.
I may have had only one midterm test – Old Testament – my first real test in 35 years!  But also several papers! I am use to writing papers where I have a book to check my facts. Memorization is much harder. (It was reassuring to hear the younger students were just as stressed.) There was a cloud of anxiety hanging over the seminary, but it has been blown away like the leaves as we get resettled into the remainder of the term.
The diversity of people and opportunities is a wonder. The different preaching and worship styles are so exciting as well. I still relish in the opportunity t worship every day.
Our baby was out here a few weeks ago and it was great to see her (the first of the kids to visit.) When she returned home she told us that we really seem at home here, that we have not skipped a beat. I am thinking that I will not feel that way when I visit over Thanksgiving, I have missed everyone so much.
One last word to us parents. I regret the times I fretted over not hearing from my kids while they were at school. I now know that it is because you do feel as if you are in an alternate universe and disconnect. But we are still in their thoughts, just at odd times that do not mesh with the schedule at home. So, please forgive my errant ways and give me a call or write to remind me!
Take care of each other and I look forward to seeing you in church again in 2 weeks!
Peace and love,
Kristie

2 comments:

  1. We miss you, Kristie, but we are glad things are going so well.
    Hope to see you at Thanksgiving! Love, All the Crawfords

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Thanksgiving Eve and I find myself on this blog! I am living vicariously through you as you experience your new life. All is well in LF from my narrow lens. Teeth are loose and waiting to fall out; thoughts of what Santa will bring are a daily discussion; When will I peel those sweet potatoes!
    Working on setting up the children's Kreisher library; guiding the fourth grade occassionally; loving teaching the kids at reading power once a week.
    So glad you write and keep in touch with all of us.
    Take care and enjoy every minute.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Joy McGreevy and family

    ReplyDelete