Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April

It is still April so I am not totally late!  And I will be there Sunday and can hardly wait to see you all!
I have just finished finals for the Spring long term and start Spring short term tomorrow.  I cannot believe that the first year is almost over! And I have discovered I am not the only crazy “mature” youth minister around.  One of my dual degree classmate’s mother is joining us next year.  Her story is similar to mine and it is wonderful to have her join us. 
I have stressed over school this year…I cannot hide that, but the younger students have stressed just as much.  Each of my study groups consists of predominantly younger students and they worry just as much! 
I have to say Old Testament and New Testament this year were tough.  You are expected to eat an elephant to give them a mouse.  There is so much material to memorize.  It could not have been too bad as I am taking a class in the short session with my Old Testament professor because she is wonderful.
This has been an amazing year and I encourage all of you to do something that you think you cannot possibly do, but want to, because you can and it might just change your life.  Young or old we all have gifts that God wants us to use, so don’t be afraid, God will be there with you.  That is the only way most of us feel we did as well this year as we have, God was there.
Today I attended my sixth youth forum here.  The experience eight years ago changed my life.  I still cannot believe I am actually here (and I have been for eight months!)   And what a surprise, today as I walked in for a session I heard someone yell my name...it was Erik. I hope to catch up with him while he is here.
I hope to see you this weekend in church…I so miss the rhythm of church life, especially during Lent. Holy Week was finals week!
Peace and love,
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment